Friday 28 February 2014

Wk 9 ...SUGAR and SPICE part 2...Polkadoodles Challenge 8

Friday and time for Polkadoodles again!!

So before we get to the challenge news this week we have some awesome news for you....
Have you seen this amazing new collection we've just launched this week?
No?....You are going to LOVE this!!!...
It's time to Work and Play!!!

This great new mini collection is superb and is the first in this new series of Work and Play themed collections - we're bringing you more soon! 
10 adorable Digi Characters in both black and white and colour, papers AND sentiments, toppers and more - OR you can also get these great digis on download separately from the Download store.
Just click on the image to see more and find out what you get in the full collection!! 
YOU WILL LOVE IT!! 
The digis are all £2 each or you can get the whole collection for only £8.99 - total bargain or what! 

Ok, so let's get to the challenge! 
Last week we set you the challenge of SUGAR AND SPICE and the theme is still running until 7th March so you can still get your entries in HERE.

This week the team is bringing you more inspiration for our 
Sugar and Spice 
challenge so there are no excuses not to enter!!


The winner of this great challenge will be in a Random draw to win a
 Polkadoodles goodie Bag worth £50!
Woohoo!! This will include all sorts of stash including dies, cd's, stamps and who knows what else!
You have until Friday 7th March at noon GMT to enter and please make sure you follow the rules which are in the sidebar ------>

PLEASE ADD YOUR ENTRIES TO THE MR LINKY HERE

You can see the winners of our last challenge from Week 6 at the bottom of this post, but let's see what the team have made for you this week...

Karon - I decided to use the lemonade stand from the In the Garden section of the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1CD.  I made a shaped card by sizing the pre-coloured digi of the lemonade stand, layered it up to add dimension.  The boy and girl pre-coloured images, and the sentiment, are from the Sundae of Seasons CD.
Zoe - I instantly thought of the colour palette when I saw this challenge so decided to colour an image I hadn't attempted before, this Daisy Lady (as I call her) is from the gorgeous Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD. I coloured her with a mix of markers including the fabulous Graph It's. Once finished I decided to keep it simple. I added a few flowers and some candi. I wanted to keep this card for any occasion so didn't put a sentiment on it deliberately.
Sally - For this week's project I have made my step-granddaughter's birthday card. I took the image from Dollie Daydreams goes East CD Rom and coloured her with Graph'it markers. Then I took a backing paper and the alphabet into my graphic programme and made the card base. I then matted it onto black cardstock. I then matted the image on black cardstock also. Die cut out some cherry blossom and branches and then printed a sentiment scroll.  I love how this has turned out. I hope she loves it too.
Asha - I'm using a girlie rubber stamp called "Gracie"  from Polka Doodle's Fairy Flutterby series for my Sugar and Spice project. I coloured her with Graph It and Promarkers. I stamped the butterfly from the Gracie set on vellum, heat embossed it in white and used it as wings for Gracie. The background paper is from the Bonbon Belles Double CD and the flower is from the Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD. And voila! A sweet birthday card for a little girl.
JAN - I used one of my favourite Polkadoodles CDs - 'Candy Doodles' to make my card this week. The Sugar & Spice theme made me think of sugared almonds - hence the colour scheme. The little girl is coloured to match using my Promarkers and I made the tickets, using a blank one and adding my own wording to match the theme.
Alethea - When I think of sugar and spice I automatically think of yummy cakes and slices. So I made this card using one giant cupcake from the Cherryblossom Lane cd collection and Dollie Daydream - Birthday digistamp which I coloured with tria markers! I then just added a few embellishments to finish off the card and the Polka Doodles birthday wishes sentiment from the Sensational Sentiments stamp set.
Kerrie - Wow I have really enjoyed the Theme this week - 'Sugar & Spice' - for this I chose to decorate a Notebook to make myself a Recipe Book and decided to use the 'Sundae of Seasons' CDrom as I really love all the baking themed Embellishments and the Ragdoll charaters. The only things that were added not from the CDrom were Mirror Board & Gems from my Stash and the Notebook of course. I coloured the Digi Image from CDrom using alcohol markers.
Claire C - I've used precoloured decoupage images from one of my favourite Polkadoodles CDs, Candy Doodles, I've added glitter, glossy accents and faux pearls to the cupcakes and added some of Nikky's fab ticket sentiments to finish off
Fantastic inspiration from the team as always!

Our Week 6 Randomly chosen winner is 
#34 Beth F
Well done!! Email us here to claim your prize!

Our favourite Top 3 chosen by the Design Team are:
#45 Ira
Well done everyone! Don't forget to grab your blinkies from the sidebar!

You have until Friday 7th March at noon GMT to enter the SUGAR AND SPICE challenge and please make sure you follow the rules which are in the sidebar.  See you next week! 



4 comments:

  1. Loving all the DT inspiration buy boy it has made me hungry!! Keeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for choosing my card as one of your Top 3 this week! Loved the challenge and am loving the new work and play images! Best wishes and congrats to all! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for choosing my card as one of your Top 3 this week! Loved the challenge and am loving the new work and play images! Best wishes and congrats to all! Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!